Croatia by the Italian students

 ITALIAN BLOG FOR CROATIA
O.N.L.I.N.E.
LEARNING WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
OCTOBER 2022
READY?

Ready to start our first experience with Erasmus plus projects!

We were excited, anxious and at the same time we were very glad to

know new people and to live a new interesting experience!

A great opportunity to enrich our knowledge and our culture!

THE WONDERFUL NATURE IN CROATIA!

The Plitvice Lakes: an unexpected and exciting immersion in Nature! It

seemed to be in a magic world: many plants, a lot of waterfalls and a large

variety of trees all around the lakes.

We walked for some hours, meanwhile we had our first contact with foreign

students. We took a lot of pictures of the landscape and with the other

participants. It was great crossing the lakes all together by boat.

THE ARRIVAL IN DARUVAR
Since that moment we had never heard the name of this town. It is located in
the western part of the beautiful region of Slovenia. It’s the school town of
Croatian students and now our friends. We arrived late in the evening and our
impression was to be in a green and small city. The presence of many trees
and the thermal fog in the air created a fascinating and suggestive
atmosphere. Our hotel was right in the thermal area.




DARUVAR OR CRANE’S TOWN
In the morning, some Croatian girls, dressed as Romans, waited for foreign
students and all teachers in the park belonging to the thermal complex.
They told us some stories and myths about the origins of the town. Romans
discovered how many benefits the natural sources in Daruvar give. So, they
named them “Acqua Balissae” which in Latin meant “Strong Springs”. About
the origins of the town’s name, the meaning of Daruvar in Croatian language
is crane’s town. Indeed, in the park there was a bronze statue of the bird
considered as the symbol of the town.
Later, we visited Jankovich castle where we admired a photographic
exhibition by Eva Fisher. All around the castle there was an elegant garden
where we had some photos, in particular near Ginkgo Biloba tree, the oldest
in Croatia.


ERASMUS DAY!
At school we had a lot of interesting activities begun the day
before: the presentation of each delegation‘s work and many
of workshop activities. During this time we had the possibility
to establish a good relationship with other students. The
kindness, the friendliness of host students made feel us at
home.
In the evening, always at school, we had dinner all together,
we danced and we sang typical songs of each country. We
tasted some Croatian typical dishes prepared by Croatian
cooking students.

AT LAST ZAGREB!

On the way to the Museum of Illusions at first and then to the photographic

exhibition by Mare Milin Godisnji, we had a great view of the sumptuous palaces of

the 19th and 20th centuries that beautify Zagreb.

Later, we visited the old funicular, the City Hall in the white and red colours, typical

of Croatia, the external of the cathedral which was being restored and the famous

Dolac market.

Before the afternoon we had some free time for lunch and for shopping with other

students. It was strange, we get on so well that it seemed as we knew since a long

time. We were happy to stay all together!

We hope to live again a fantastic experience like this! We want to tank all the

teachers who believe in this great work and Erasmus+ projects for giving us the

opportunity to increase our cultural baggage, our knowledge and to develop our

competencies in specific subjects.

This was the first time I participated to an Erasmus+project .

I was curious and excited !

I had never visited Croatia before, so I soon believed to start an

important experience for my cultural growth .

Before coming to Croatia I worked hard with my friends , also

participants. So , I thought to be ready!

It was nice to discover Zagreb, Daruvar, the school city and to visit

Plitvice lakes. Nature was wonderful everywhere in Croatia,

especially in Plitvice.

The kindness of host students was magnific: I felt as at home. At

school, it was amazing learning through activities about digital

photography. I shared my opinion with other students during

workshop activities and I appreciated their way of working as they

had high consideration of me.

We established a good relationship.

The celebration of Erasmus Day was fantastic. We had dinner

together at school with all teachers. We danced and sang some

songs from each country. The last day was dedicated to visit Zagreb:

the Museum of Illusions , the photography exhibition, the external

side of the cathedral, the main square in the central part of the town,

the city Hall, the famous market, the funicular and the spectacular

view from the upper side of the city. Almost all students had free

time for lunch and for shopping and the worst moment of this day

was to say good bye to everyone!!

I will never forget this experience!!

-Evita Aresta, 4Tub

When I was contacted from my teachers for taking part to this

Erasmus plus project I was not in my skin!!

This was my first experience and I knew that it would have been

fantastic!

Indeed I soon realised since our arrival in Zagreb where for the

first time, we met all the participants that it was great!! The first

visit in the program was for the Plitvice Lakes . I had never seen a

such wonderful Nature: a large variety of plants , trees many

waterfalls and lakes in a calm temperature without rain as , on the

contrary , it was previewed. It was an ideal climate to walk and to

enjoy Nature. The day after we went around Daruvar before going

to school. We had a lot of historical information about the city

from Croatian girls dressed as Romans. At school we worked for

improving our competencies about digital photography

throughout many activities which made me feel in strict

relationship with other students.

On the second day, in Daruvar , in the evening, I enjoined dinner ,

dances and songs at school for celebrating Erasmus Day.

The last evening in Daruvar, I was invited by my Croatian host for

dinner! She was very kind! The last day in Zagreb was special, I

had a great view of it: the visit of the Museum of Illusions, the

photographic exhibition, the city hall, the external side of the

cathedral, the funicular and the Dolac market . After that, I had

some free time with other students. It was great but at the same

time it was sad to leave them and this special place that is

Croatia.

I’ll try to take alive this experience in my mind for ever!!

-Eleonora Muscatiello, 5Tua


It was a great surprise to receive the invitation from my teachers for

this Erasmus plus project.

I was really happy because I had never participated before!

I knew from other students from my school it was an interesting

experience!

So, my excitement was great because I desired to know new people,

new places and compare my language competencies with other

foreign students. I’m a student of the last year in my school, for that

reason I’m really curious about everything which could help me to

pass brilliantly my examination.

The magnificence of Plitvice Lakes has convinced me to consider

them as a possible destination for my next trip with my boyfriend.

There Nature was magic!

On the cultural side, I had a lot of chance to enrich my knowledge

and my competencies thanks to several activities carried on during

the time at school in Daruvar.

I learned a lot about digital photography, the story behind the

photograph and abstract photography.

I really appreciated the visit of Daruvar, known as well as crone’s

town, where the crone represented in a bronze statue, is the symbol

of the town. Daruvar is also famous for the presence of the thermal

waters whose benefits for health are recognised since Romans

discovery and they called them Acqua Belissae or strong springs. To

visit Iancovich castle was very interesting because i saw also an

important photography exhibition set up inside. I took many photos

above all in the garden, around the Gingko biloba tree. Daruvar is a

small city but rich of Nature everywhere.

Zagreb, the capital, is splendid for the sumptuous palaces, the great

square in the center of the town, the cathedral, the funicular, the

Dolac market, the city hall. I enjoyed the visit of the Museum of

Illusions and the photo exhibition of a modern artist. I had with other

students some free time for lunch and for shopping. This was a

special moment for all of us. We really felt all friends.

This experience gave me the opportunity to know very kind and special

people with whom I’ll always stay in contact in the future. An unforgettable

experience!!

-Katia Mongiello, 5Tub








Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Portugal by the Spanish students

Portugal by the Croatian students

Bulgaria by the Spanish team